More than a decade ago, the directors of CINEP saw the need to implement a quality management program in order to organize the internal dynamics of the institution, improve its processes, and unify criteria for the execution of its activities. Thus, in 2004, CINEP began proceedings with ICONTEC in order to certify the Center, and started an awareness-creation program with the team regarding this issue.
After more than two years, during which the entire CINEP/PPP team developed the required planning, follow-up, and control standards for its activities, ICONTEC awarded it the 2008 ICONTEC ISO 9001 certification in August of 2010, making CINEP one of the first NGOs to obtain this certification.
The future challenge for CINEP/PPP is not only to maintain the quality certification, which represents the strengthening of the management and quality of its processes, but also to improve the quality of the institution permanently, so as to continue working with credibility and efficacy toward the generation of alternatives that promote peacebuilding, development, and the expansion of democracy in Colombia.
CINEP/PPP‘s Quality Policy
CINEP/PPP constantly improves its processes in order to strengthen social actors through actions in the spirit of solidarity, rigorous research, reliable information, and assistance to community processes. In order to achieve this, it has the support of strategic partners and a committed and competent work team.
CINEP/PPP’s Quality Objectives
- Analyze and understand regional, national, and international dynamics through research, systematization, and assistance to peacebuilding and reconciliation processes.
- Strengthen the social fabric through support to social actors in their productive, organizational, educational, and State-building processes.
- Design alternative and sustainable regional proposals for human and social development.
- Influence the construction of the public sphere through the dissemination of its research results, active participation in diverse scenarios, and assistance to community processes throughout the country.
- Guarantee the sustainability, permanence, and development of the CINEP/Peace Program in the short, medium, and long terms.
- Engage and maintain competent and committed personnel for the development of its Mission.
- Improve the efficacy of its quality management system constantly.